The post-grad life






2.13.2013

Life as of today

Well, here I am, it's 13 February and I'm making one of my bi-annual posts. I mean I guess it doesn't matter since no one ever really reads this but maybe I'll post it for the world to see and then I'll be a blogging star! Or not because that's just a lot of effort. 

Basically, I'm in my last semester at Covenant. Woof! Everyday is one more day closer to graduation and what's even more frightening is that I must be on the search for jobs! I've applied to grad schools but I just don't want to put all my eggs in that basket, you know? So basically I work at a B&B and go to a few classes. (I get to be a part time student this semester!) That means I get to bake my face off. So today I'm making homemade granola for one of my housemates and I. We eat it for breakfast and it's way cheaper (and tastier) than store bought cereal. Win-win!z
Homemade Granola Recipe:

There's so many other things you could add to this. Different nuts, seeds, what-have-you. We always do rasins for the dried fruit part because Mae prefers them but I like cherries! 



Here's what I do:
Homemade Granola


3 cups (300 grams) old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
3/4 cup (75 grams) sliced or slivered almonds
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup (120 ml) pure maple syrup 
1 cup dried fruits (cranberries, cherries, apricots, dates, figs, and/or raisins) (optional)

Bake at 325 for 30 minutes and try not to let it burn! Sometimes I just go in there and push the granola around to make sure it's not sticking/burning/getting too friendly with the pan. 

Happy Galentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment