The post-grad life






5.20.2010

Coke-a-Cola.

There are some days when a Coke is just what I need to feel refreshed... and it's such a delicious drink to drink on a hot summer-y day. So I had one today. And you know what?

It was disgusting. Yes. It was a sugary, syrupy, glob of liquid. It did not give me the urge to say, "Ahh!" like the Coke ads always do. It just sat in my mouth and I could literally feel it corroding my teeth (that may or may not be an exageration) and yet I drank it. Not all of it but close. I hope I remember this experience the next time I want to drink a soda. Maybe thinking about this day will stop me from consuming unnecessary calories. Maybe it would have been better if I had a giant steak and some taters or some really spicey salsa and chips. I don't know, there are hundreds of "maybes" surrounding this situation.

On another note, I have listed to Toothpaste Kisses by the Macabees like one hundred times today. That's a lie... more like five, I heard it on my Ipod while I was running. Which, by the way, running is becoming very difficult for me to be motivated to do. I hate it. Either I have to get up at 0-dark-thirty or I must wait until 7 PM when the sun can't get me. It's humid and it's hot but I have to remind myself that one month ago I was looking forward to such things. Anyway, listen to Toothpaste Kisses. Like right now. I'll even post it here so you don't have to search around for it.

Cute, no?

Today I bought Real Simple's June issue and so far so good. It looks promising, I'll let you know how it goes. Also, I have a job working as a youth intern at my church. this summer should be interesting as we only have three cars and four drivers who don't want to be stuck at home all day. I've been praying for nice, flexible attitudes from everyone or that someone will just decide they want to us their extra car. I'm hoping for the latter though it doesn't seem possible, who has an extra car anyway? BUT, I will not lose hope.
That's all.

2 comments:

  1. dear kerchface. "A woo-a-woo"
    toothpaste kisses is just one of those songs, i too could play for the rest of my life. it puts me in a happy mood.

    glad to hear you are interning! join the madness!!!! yeeeeah. busy busy.

    running.
    yeah.
    end of that story.

    so i love you lots,
    and hope your life is going well i am glad we are blogging.
    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. you just run your heart out, and that is all you can do.
    michigan is frezzing, you could run here?

    oh I hope your life is well to.
    The last issue of real simple is my absolute favorite, just because of the organizing part, so I'm hoping for great things from the June issue.

    Okay, run!

    ReplyDelete